Monday, January 7, 2008

The Next 24 hours

Today has been a crazy day getting everything together. One of the biggest struggles has been keeping my bag under 50lbs. I was determined that I all I was taking is a 5olbs bag and a backpack....it looks like I am going to make it.

I leave bright and early in the morning, my mom and I are leaving around 6:15 for the airport. Please pray for me as I travel tomorrow. I leave Indy at 9 and then I get to Miami around 1:30. I'll meet up with all the other students in the program in Miami and then our flight leaves for Costa Rica at 6:15. We will arrive in Costa Rica at 8:05pm tomorrow (Chicago time). Tuesday night I will be staying at a campsite with all the other students and then Wednesday morning we meet our host families.

I am a little nervous, but mostly really excited, this is going to be one crazy experience. I have no idea what to expect, but God made it very clear that I am supposed to go, so I hope that He teaches me a lot. I'll keep this updated when I can, but I have no idea when I will have internet access or phone access.

Keep in touch, I look forward to hearing from all of you.

-Carol

1 comment:

Sandi said...

hey carol! ill always be praying for u!
have a great semester there!! :)
and ill miss u being on the same hall!!!!
love u :D