Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Mi Horario

My Schedule:

Through February 15th - I am still taking Grammar classes and having conferences in my large group. February 15th will be my last day of Grammar and Conversation classes at ILE (which are 3+ hours a day)

February 18th - February 29 - I will be living in Nicaragua. We have the options to live in a urban, rural, or very rural setting. I am going to live Very Rural. I will get to experience poverty like nothing I have ever seen. Nicaragua has about 65 % living below the poverty line and about 45% of the population is homeless. It should be an experiance. We are only allowed to take a backpack of stuff for the 11 days, so I will pretty much be wearing the same thing everyday.

March 1 - 13 - Will be my last two weeks of converences in a large group. The 13 we will have big group presentations and be done. For those two weeks I think I only have class on Tuesday and Thursday and I have the rest of the week off.

March 13- March 24th - My mom and sisters are coming to visit me!! I am very excited!! I am going to plan trips for us to go on both weekends. Both of the weekends are long week ends and I won´t have classes. I am hopeful that we will be able to go to the beach and do a canopy tour (zipline) in a tropical rainforest the first weekend. And then the second weekend I want to take them to see a volcano and do some other fun things.

March 17-19 - In the mornings while my family is here I will have some classes. They should be very long or indepth. This will be an introduction into my concentration which is language and literature.

March 24- April 11- I will be taking classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, we will have literature classes and grammar classes. All of if will be in Spanish. On Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays we will be split up into small groups and be doing volunteer work for 4-7 hours a day. I am going to be working with underprivilaged children in some type of setting, but I don´t know what that will be. There are a lot of different opportunities.

April 12 - April 20 - I will be in Panama living in a indigenous tribe. I am not sure what that will be like, but that should be a pretty awesome experience.

April 20 - I think my group is flying to guatemala and meeting all the other groups there. I think we will spend a day or two there and then fly back to Miami either on the 22 or 23. April 24th - I am flying back to Indy and I think I will get there around 2:00.

That is all. I feel like I am going to be home in no time. I have already been here for about a month and time just keeps flying. I am going to be doing a lot of really awesome things in the next few months, it should be a great experience. I only have 2 1/2 months left down here.

No comments: