Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bright and Early

Tomorrow around 430 I will get up and get ready for Nicaragua.

I will leave around 530 to go get a bus for Nicaragua. My whole group is going and we will be there for two weeks. We will be out of communication the whole time.

I will be living with a family in Masaya which is just West of Managua which is the capital. It is a very Rural community and are nonconservative. So that means that I get to wear whatever I want. A lot of the girls are going to live in communities where they have to wear long skirts everyday and shirts that cover their shoulders. I can wear tank tops or whatever which is nice. I will probably have a outhouse for a bathroom and most likely be bathing in a river or a bucket bath.

I am packed in backpack, I am only taking my chacos to wear the whole two weeks, and no other shoes. I am very proud of this.

Please pray for me!! It will be a great experience, but I am sure it will be hard living in the poverty and making the situation so personal for me.

I´ll be sure to write a update when I get back.

No comments: