Monday, February 11, 2008

27 Bodas and a Facial

Yesterday I went and saw a movie with some of my friends. We went and saw 27 Dresses or 27 Weddings, I am not sure what it is in English. It was a very cute little movie and for a couple of hours made me forget about the world I live in. I was completely consumed by the cute little movie and then as soon as it was over I was almost in Shock that I wasn´t going home to my house in the states. I could not believe that I was surrounded by Costa Rican and that I was going to have to speak Spanish as soon as I stood up.
It was not smart to go see a chick-flick when I am so far away from Chris and still won´t see him for about 2 months. I probably won´t go see another movie while I am in Costa Rica, it was kind of hard on my emotions. It is funny how little things can be so difficult.

The other interesting thing I did this weekend was have a mother daughter day on Saturday. My mom and I went for a walk-run in the morning. Then we went and got out nails done together. My nails are painted with a french tip and designs on them and it only cost $8. After that is when things got interesting. My mom and I went to do some kind of deep cleaning thing on our faces, I was completely unprepared for that and didn´t know what I was getting myself into. So it ended up being a medical type place where I got basically a full body massage and face cleaning. I really have no idea what they did to my face, but I know it is a cleaning that you supposively only need every 3 months. I can´t even explained what they did, but I can describe some of the individual things, I have a heat lamp on my face, heat fan, electric shock thing, ultra sound treatment, lots and lots of different products to clean my skin. The worst part was at one point it felt like the lady was trying to pop every pore on my nose, I seriously have no idea what she was doing, but it hurt!!
that was one of those experience when I was laying there trying to figure out why I got myself into that situation and I was hoping that it would it soon. So I guess my face is a lot cleaner. Too bad I don´t know the vocabulary that has to do with electric shocking my face, so I really have no idea what the purpose of that was.
At least know I know that if somebody asked me if I want to go clean my face that I need to say NO!!!!

Overall it was another good weekend. I am thankful that I have been having such a fun and interesting time here.

No comments: